Trump Holds Off on Iran Strikes as Gulf States Lead Negotiations

President Trump warned that a full-scale military attack remains possible at a moment's notice if a diplomatic agreement with Iran is not reached

Justin Tomlinson

Editor-in-Chief, Mora Discover

4 sources
Trump Holds Off on Iran Strikes as Gulf States Lead Negotiations

President Donald Trump has decided to hold off on planned military strikes against Iran, opting instead to let Gulf states take the lead in negotiating a potential deal. This shift in strategy places regional partners at the forefront of diplomatic efforts to de-escalate the situation, following a period of heightened tension between Washington and Tehran.[1][2][3][4]

Despite the current pause in direct military action, the President issued a clear warning regarding the possibility of future conflict. He stated that a full-scale military attack on Iran remains a viable option and could be executed at a moment’s notice if the parties involved are unable to reach a satisfactory agreement.[1][2][3][4]

The administration's stance suggests that while diplomacy is the current priority, the threat of force remains a central element of U.S. policy in the region. The success of the negotiations led by Gulf states is now seen as a critical factor in determining whether the United States will proceed with its previously planned military strikes.[1][2][3][4]

Related stories

Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk
Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk
The Guardian

Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk

OpenAI CEO and president found not liable for breaking contracts made with Musk when founding the startupA jury ruled in favor of Sam Altman in the culmination of a long and bitter legal battle that pitted the richest person in the world against a leader of the AI boom.The federal jury in Oakland, California, found Altman, OpenAI and its president, Greg Brockman, not liable for Elon Musk’s claims that they unjustly enriched themselves and broke a founding contract made with Musk when founding the startup. Continue reading...

Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal
Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal
guardian

Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal

The US president said he called off a planned attack on Iran on Tuesday so that peace talks could continueFull report: Trump claims planned attack on Iran postponed after Tehran makes new proposal to end warIran’s army has warned it would “open new fronts” against the US if it resumes attacks on the country amid reports that Donald Trump is weighing up restarting military operations in Iran amid an impasse in negotiations.“If the enemy is foolish enough to fall into the Zionist trap again and launches new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it, with new...

Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy
Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy
alternet

Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy

Anonymous sources speaking with Zeteo report President Donald Trump is getting increasingly angry with his failure in Iran and is looking to do something — anything — to move things along, regardless of the violence or the consequences.“Two senior Trump administration officials and two other sources briefed on the situation tell Zeteo that Donald Trump has grown increasingly frustrated by the state of peace talks with Iran, and the president has ordered an acceleration of the Pentagon’s preparation for a new phase of his war in the Middle East,” said Zeteo writers Asawin Suesaeng and...