Vance says ‘a lot of progress’ made in Iran talks

Vice President JD Vance stated that both the United States and Iran are seeking to avoid further military conflict as negotiations continue toward a potential agreement

Justin Tomlinson

Editor-in-Chief, Mora Discover

3 sources
Vance says ‘a lot of progress’ made in Iran talks

U.S. Vice President JD Vance announced on Tuesday that the United States and Iran have achieved significant progress during recent diplomatic discussions. Vance emphasized that neither nation desires a return to military conflict, indicating a shared interest in maintaining stability as talks proceed. He told reporters that the administration believes the Iranians are genuinely interested in reaching a deal to resolve outstanding issues between the two countries.[1][2][3]

During his remarks, Vance highlighted the ongoing nature of the negotiations and the shift away from active hostilities. He noted that the progress made so far suggests a mutual willingness to find a diplomatic path forward. The Vice President's comments suggest that both sides are currently prioritizing dialogue over the resumption of any previous military campaigns that have characterized the relationship in the past.[1][3]

Vance also shared insights from a recent conversation with Donald Trump regarding the status of the talks. According to Vance, Trump stressed that the core priority for the United States in any potential agreement is ensuring that Iran can never obtain a nuclear weapon. This remains the central pillar of the U.S. position as negotiators work toward a more comprehensive arrangement with Iranian officials.[1]

Related stories

Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk
Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk
The Guardian

Jury hands victory to Sam Altman and OpenAI in battle with Elon Musk

OpenAI CEO and president found not liable for breaking contracts made with Musk when founding the startupA jury ruled in favor of Sam Altman in the culmination of a long and bitter legal battle that pitted the richest person in the world against a leader of the AI boom.The federal jury in Oakland, California, found Altman, OpenAI and its president, Greg Brockman, not liable for Elon Musk’s claims that they unjustly enriched themselves and broke a founding contract made with Musk when founding the startup. Continue reading...

Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal
Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal
guardian

Trump halts planned Iran strike following diplomatic proposal

The US president said he called off a planned attack on Iran on Tuesday so that peace talks could continueFull report: Trump claims planned attack on Iran postponed after Tehran makes new proposal to end warIran’s army has warned it would “open new fronts” against the US if it resumes attacks on the country amid reports that Donald Trump is weighing up restarting military operations in Iran amid an impasse in negotiations.“If the enemy is foolish enough to fall into the Zionist trap again and launches new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it, with new...

Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy
Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy
alternet

Trump administration officials report rising frustration over Iran policy

Anonymous sources speaking with Zeteo report President Donald Trump is getting increasingly angry with his failure in Iran and is looking to do something — anything — to move things along, regardless of the violence or the consequences.“Two senior Trump administration officials and two other sources briefed on the situation tell Zeteo that Donald Trump has grown increasingly frustrated by the state of peace talks with Iran, and the president has ordered an acceleration of the Pentagon’s preparation for a new phase of his war in the Middle East,” said Zeteo writers Asawin Suesaeng and...